Muhammad speaks of help from terror, his right to spoils of war, and his mission to all mankind

In a canonical hadith collection, Sahih Muslim:

Book 4, Number 1062:
Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah [Muhammad] (may peace be upon him) said: I have been given superiority over the other prophets in six respects: I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me.
Notice that by declaring in the above hadith that he is the final prophet, Muhammad tried to cut off the possibility of anyone claiming equal status with him; another prophet might effectively challenge Muhammad's authenticity. More significant, Muhammad, in speaking of help from terror, displays again to those who know the core Islamic texts just how far he was willing to go to dominate competing forms of "prophecy," expression, and worldview.